Midland Association of Riding Clubs (MIDARC) UK
This show is affiliated to MIDARC UK and is running qualifiers for the 2018 Summer Championships in accordance with their rules and regulations. The showjumping, dressage and showing classes at the May and June shows that are marked with a * are qualifiers for the Summer Championships.
- In all show jumping classes qualifiers must jump clear in the first round or phase in order to qualify. If there are no clear rounds the eventual winner will be the only one to qualify.
- In all ridden showing, in hand showing and working hunter classes qualifiers may be presented to the 1st , 2nd , 3rd competitors. Awards may be passed down the line but only at the judges discretion and only as far as 6th place.
- In all dressage classes qualifiers may only be awarded to those competitors who achieve a score of 60%+
See www.midarc.co.uk for the full rules and regulations, up to date information and dates of Championships.
Championships of Great Britain (Cricklands)
Alvechurch Riding Club is a qualifying venue for the Championships of Great Britain in August and September 2018 at the David Broome Event Centre.
- Showjumpers will qualify at the show if they complete a double clear and may qualify for 2 consecutive heights but BS members may only take part in the higher classes (2’9” for juniors and 3’0” for seniors)
- Dressage competitors will qualify with a score of 58% or over but competitors must not have any British Dressage points
See www.cricklands.com for more information, or contact the David Broome Event Centre.
The Showing Register (TSR)
- Rider/Handler qualifies not the Horse/Pony
- You DO NOT have to be a member to qualify OR enter a Final
- On 1 Qualification you can enter any of the Finals
- You can ride or lead ANY horse/pony it does not have to be the one you qualified with
- Entry fee for the Finals from £12
- Collect the cards or signatures to claim a TSR Medal Award!
- Riders MUST NOT have qualified for HOYS 2018/2019 to be eligible
Step 1. Attend a qualifying show, like Alvechurch Riding Club!
Step 2. *TSR Riders Finals – 1st & 2nd riders qualify and will receive a qualification card in the ring.
*TSR In Hand Finals – The two highest placed Handlers with a TSR In Hand Card will qualify in any In Hand class. Handlers MUST have their cards signed in the ring by the judge/steward. It is the Handlers responsibility to have the card in the ring – download your qualification card here.
Step 3. Download a schedule for your chosen final where it will state the Classes you can enter. You can ride/lead any horse/pony in the final it does not have to be the pony you qualified on. You MUST NOT have qualified for HOYS in the previous or current year to be eligible to compete.
Step 4. Proof of Qualification: Keep your card or signatures to show to the steward at the ring at the Final as proof you have qualified. Do Not send in with your entry for the show. The Finals will be judged on marks for Riding Ability, Turn Out, Way of Going & Conformation.
See www.theshowingregister.co.uk for more information
Alvechurch Riding Club is a qualifier for the Sunshine Tour.
The Sunshine Tour National Championship is held on the ‘hallowed turf’ of The All England Showground at Hickstead from Thursday 13th – Sunday 16th September 2018 for unaffiliated and amateur competitors of all ages and abilities. The Championships features Dressage from Intro to Elementary and Show Jumping from 30cm to 1.05m
Finish 1st to 4th in qualifying class (identified with a sunshine logo) to be eligible for the Championships
See www.sunshinetour.co.uk for more information and rules and restrictions
Alvechurch Riding Club shows are affiliated to Equifest, taking place at the East of England Showground on the [date]. The two highest exhibits not already qualified in each affiliated class will qualify.
Qualifiers for Equifest 2018 will run from [date] to [date]. Qualifiers after [date] will be qualifiers for the 2019 show.
See www.equifest.org.uk for more information
First, second and third placed horses/ponies in eligible classes not already qualified will qualify for the Champion of Britain title classes to be held at the Royal London Show 2018.
Each qualified horse/pony will receive a qualification card in the ring which will enable the owner to enter the Royal London Show, providing the owner and rider/handler are, or become registered with the International Showing Society within 21 days of the qualifying show. No horse registration is required.
See www.royallondonshow.co.uk for more information